Friday, July 30, 2010

KAYA

KAYA ( SPREAD)

Tested 4 times
3 eggs and 1 egg yolk ( B size) beat well and strained
130 g sugar
190 g coconut milk extract ( pure)
10 pieces screwpine leave

Methods
1.At speed 10 put  9 pcs screwpine from the centre of cover. then squeeze out the juice from the powdered leaves. Need about 1 tablespoon of juice only to add to the eggs
2.. Heat up the sugar at Varoma for 5 mins with speed 2.
3. Add in the coconut milk at the last 30 secs
4. Pour in the eggs mixture
5..Cut the last piece screwpine leaf into 4 pcs
6. Put in the butterfly , and cook for 20 mins at temp 80 deg. at speed 2  at reverse without MC.
7. Cook for another 10 mins with temp 100 deg at speed 2 also without MC on
8..Ready to be spread onto your homemade bread. ( Recipe will be coming soon)
Happy trying

Next Recipe : Scones!




13 comments:

  1. Hi, this recipe looks lovely. I was just wondering if you can make bigger quantities of this recipe in one go? ie double or 3 times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not try .Why dont you do and tell me ok tks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sew Chin, I have try your Kaya recipe, well I finally made a beautiful Kaya..Thanks. No doubt is a bit small quantities but I think is fresh and enough for 3 weeks consumming, after all with THERMOMIX I think I should have no problem of making Kaya now...cheer !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Susan I have try doing double portion and in fact it is easier to do.

    Therefore conclusion you can do double

    ReplyDelete
  5. sew chin. Hi. If I can't get pandan leaves, and want a substitute, what would you suggest?
    if for example to get the nice smell of pandan I try using pandan flavouring, how much should I use?

    P/S enjoying using the thermomix in NZ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul

    Just add 1 tsp cos the taste is quite strong and you use can also melt the sugar ( 2 tablespoons) to caramel till light brown it then pour into the mixture to give brown kaya or else is it very pale . I dont know you essence got colour or not cos never use it here, oh yes you dont need butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good day Siew Chin,

    was wondering what is MC... I am new to the Thermomix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are still wondering, its Measuring Cup.

      Delete
  8. Wow, thanks Siew Chin for your recipe. I was looking for the Perfect Kaya recipe - I will try and let you know if it worked for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Siew Chin,
    Can we use Coconut packed cream for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I got recipe from a common friend. I live in Perth with a huge challenge in getting hold of fresh pandan leaves, so I have to be happy with frozen ones. Nothing happened to my raw sugar after 5 minutes on Varoma. Is it supposed to caramelise? Wonder if it would be different if I had used white sugar instead.
    Apart from that the kaya was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not suppose to melt but by heating the sugar it give u a nice aroma when it melt witht the coconut tks

      Delete